Specs ?

Bout 15 years ago my cousin had a Starion , ditched the shitty single cam pos , dropped a VR4 in it , decent turbs, thing was a weapon .

More deets! I love Starion's. Probably the first non-Nissan that I coveted... but part of me dies when people say "oh starion is engrish, its supposed to be stallion lololol"

Specs ?

Bout 15 years ago my cousin had a Starion , ditched the shitty single cam pos , dropped a VR4 in it , decent turbs, thing was a weapon .

Nothing much as of yet. engine/gearbox swapped to a 4 cyl sigma engine when i first bought at 14 as i did not know at the time the starions are on exempt list for high powered vehicle on P's. plan to put the twin cam vr4 back in asap. Still on L's for another few weeks

i got the car from my mates backyard which had been sitting for years. had to do some rust repair etc so the red paint got more wrecked then already was. its crap black atm untill i get some more funding. P.s just joined tonight so how do i upload photo in post without just url? cheers! :thumb:

How the car is currently at the moment. done alright with no jobs for the 2 years i had had it. now have my first proper job (only 16 years old nearly 17) and some serious cash is about to be dumped onto this starion so stay tuned!

lots of body work needed to be done hence the crap paint job.

post-152655-0-29667600-1394015616_thumb.jpg

post-152655-0-48438000-1394015757_thumb.jpg

Scored myself a set of Rays zeiger 5 sport sebrings 2 piece dirt cheap for the Staz. grotty as when i got but on the way to getting them looking mad. decided to paint centres black to match the car. cant put on yet as im finding it heaps hard to find a 13mm hex key for the wheel nuts i have..

post-152655-0-38266800-1394016283_thumb.jpg

post-152655-0-75659200-1394016437_thumb.jpg

post-152655-0-35132100-1394016452_thumb.jpg

post-152655-0-06571800-1394016472_thumb.jpg

trust me! don't spend a single cent on it! buy a cheap excel for $400 and drive that till it blows up! then buy another one! you will be a millionaire by 25!

lol just kidding.... spend your life fixing up that car man haha, start with a new paint job and some clear coat :)

also welcome to ns

• Downvote 1

Very nice. Always had a soft spot for the Cordia's goofy looking counterpart. Will be checking the build out for sure.

I remember seeing one of these on a Bathurst history dvd and the Japanese works driver had the thing crossed up in the wet down through skyline while other cars were crashing around him.

Awesome site.

f**k yes I've got an '84 JA starion sitting at home but it's a "one day" car. 300zx rear end and rb30et. Judge me if you like, but it shall be sick.

More deets! I love Starion's. Probably the first non-Nissan that I coveted... but part of me dies when people say "oh starion is engrish, its supposed to be stallion lololol"

That because Jeremy clarkson said that in an episode of top gear

Nice car man looking forward to seeing how it come along and nice to see something different on here for once ^.^

Not much clearance with zeigers so I'm thinking I'll run 30mm spacers on the back. Should make them sit fairly flush with fenders I reckon :)

post-152655-0-02877400-1394146000_thumb.jpg

post-152655-0-21959100-1394146064_thumb.jpg

Interior was this grey colour so I sprayed black which looks much better now

post-152655-0-91785400-1394150039_thumb.jpg

you painted the rear seats? wont it rub off and also make your car smell like paint? or do you mean like the interior parts such as dash surround plastic or gear stick surround, air vents etc?

• Downvote 1

you painted the rear seats? wont it rub off and also make your car smell like paint? or do you mean like the interior parts such as dash surround plastic or gear stick surround, air vents etc?

Vinyl sprayed the back seats roof/all. It has no rubbed off at all yet and has kept its colour really well. No need though now as most interior gone. Will post pics tonight

Vinyl sprayed the back seats roof/all. It has no rubbed off at all yet and has kept its colour really well. No need though now as most interior gone. Will post pics tonight

The Vinyl Dye will eventually wear down though, had this even with interior panels when I dyed the interior of my first car. I wouldn't bother doing it to the front seats personally; better off buying cheap oem buckets that you find comfortable (I always suggest people check out WRX seats, but there's always someone here who hates them lol) and welding them to the stock rails.

Edited by pmod

Not too worried about the paint. Can always respray. Will replace with some nice bucket seats down the track but for now the stock seats do very nicely. Stripped backseats/boots and removed all carpet as new p plate law of only 1 passenger. Have not stripped all of car as my plan was to make it seem like for th passanger and driver that your still sitting in a normal car which has worked well

post-152655-0-51051100-1394190142_thumb.jpg

post-152655-0-78470600-1394190179_thumb.jpg

Been a great day today. Got the car running again after months of it sitting. Still works like a charm. And my deep dish steering wheel came in which is just so much better then stock! Next up painting rest of wheels and getting the shitty hex key nuts off the old ones. Then probably a nice pair of bucket seats. Things coming up good for me now :) and no this is not roger whoever that is mate haha

post-152655-0-70142300-1394190470_thumb.jpg

Nah mate sold them years ago ;)

I believe the Starion ended up as a dirt track race car, and the Cordia was sold to a p plater (before the p plate laws came in) Last pics i saw of it, it had hit a pole and was a write off :(

and no this is not roger whoever that is mate haha

He's talking about Roger Cordia lol.

• Downvote 1

and no this is not roger whoever that is mate haha

He's talking about Roger Cordia lol.

That tosser bagged my car years ago lol

Got three out of four wheels on. One has stripped nut... Going to run 30mm spacers all round. Will try and get this week but I need to get a new windshield.. The rest of the wheels I hope to paint this and also clean up brakes, springs etc. will keep you guys posted. Quick sprayed a little bit of wheel to see what they'd look like on car and I like :)

post-152655-0-89032000-1394837797_thumb.jpg

post-152655-0-88445300-1394838012_thumb.jpg

Got 28mm spacers on the front on rear now. Fitment much better then before

post-152655-0-06718700-1396239105_thumb.jpg