Sign in to follow this  
Quakin

IDA Wakefield day Nov 17

For those that missed the matsuri fun.

Details here: http://initialdrift.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14

Where and When?

Wakefield Park Raceway, 17th November 2012.

This day will be a full drift day.

Track day schedule includes two track layouts being the infield curcuit and whole circuit. If weather conditions are extremely wet we will only be using the infield section (sorry but we need to look after the facilities we use).

YOUR CAR WILL NEED TO PASS SCRUTINEERING - Working seat belts or valid harnesses, properly installed seats, working brakes and brake lights, working windscreen wipers if it rains, all wheel nuts present and no leaks are the basics. Convertibles will not be allowed unless they have a roll cage that extends above the driver's head. Hard top cars with roll cages must meet CAMS specifications. Any questions, please ask.

We have noticed that cars attending the event have had the same isues time after time so a warning system is now in place. If you do not attempt tp rectify issues that have been pointed out track access will be denied.

YOU WILL NEED AN AS1698 (that little red and silver sticker) APPROVED HELMET, LONG SLEEVES, PANTS AND CLOSED SHOES. Advanced drivers are encouraged to wear racesuits!

PRICES:

IDA Club Member: $150

Non-member: $170

IDA Member Pay on the day: $150

Pay on the day: $170

Select apportiate pricing and group in the registration form.

Yearly Associate Membership: $50 per year. Gives you membership in a CAMS affiliated club and the ability to hold a CAMS L2NS license, which is required for most of our events. No other benefits. Available on the day. Get this if you only intend to do a few days. You can upgrade at any time to a full membership

CAMS L2NS license: $57 Available on the day. Payable on the day.

Wakefiled Park license: $50 Available on the day

NOTE: The CAMS license is a once-yearly payment (excluding daily license). After applying for one, you will eventually receive a license in the mail that can be used at all of our events for one year. If you signed up for one last time and have not yet received it, please bring the tear-off bit you received. Wakefield Park license is valid for 12 months from date of purchase and can be used at any Wakefield or Winton event in that period.

Spectators: $FREE

Here's how to work out how much it costs for you:

If you're an Initial Drift member with a CAMS licence, it's $150

If you're an Initial Drift Associate member with a CAMS licence, it's $150

If you're not an Initial Drift member, $170

If you're an IDA member and want to pay on the day: $150 *Do not complete the registration form

If you're not an IDA member and want to pay on the day: $170 *Do not complete the registration form

HOW TO ENTER:

*Pre Pay Only

Read and agree to this:

1. EVENT DESCRIPTION: This event will be single car drift practice, the action of driving a vehicle in a series of controlled slides throughout a pre-determined course, maintaining a standard of control. All activity will take place on the designated track section behind appropriate safety barriers. This event includes but is not limited to the following guidelines:

2. DRIVER BRIEFING: All drivers, without exception, will be required to attend the compulsory driver/participant's briefing prior to being allowed on the course. All drivers must hold a valid CAMS L2NS licence or superior. If they do not, they can apply for one.

3. ALCOHOL: The consumption of alcohol by drivers is strictly prohibited. All drivers must maintain a blood alcohol level(BAC) of 0.0 throughout the event. Consumption of alcohol in the pit, paddock or other non-public area is prohibited until the conclusion of the Meeting.

4. CARS AND ENTRANTS MUST COMPLY WITH BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING SCRUTINEERING GUIDELINES:

• All wheel studs must have nuts and be tightened prior to entry to the track.

• The vehicle battery must be secured.

• No loose items are to be in the cabin (mobile phones, hand-held cameras, road maps etc.).

• Absolutely no fluid leaks.

• Brake lights must work, and brakes must be functional.

• Exhaust must exit outside the perimeter of the vehicle.

• Safety harnesses or seat belts must be complete units sourced from a recognized manufacturer and must be fitted and worn within the manufacturer's instructions or limitations and must meet the acceptable standards FIA 8853/98. FIA 8853 – 1985, SFI 16.1, FIA 8854 – 1991, AS 2596, ECE R16 & ASE35.

• Have on their coach work a blue triangle of 150 mm sides indicating the location of the battery or battery isolation switch if fitted.

• Driver's seat must be securely mounted to the cabin floor.

• A helmet which complies with AS 1698 and carries markings to that effect, or otherwise be a standard listed in Schedule D of the current CAMS manual.

Non flammable clothing must be worn, including cover from ankles to wrists to throat. No person will be permitted to participate wearing apparel of nylon or similar material. Whilst not compulsory, an approved driving suit is highly recommended.

Suitable footwear must be worn. Prohibited are (for example) thongs, Roman sandals, high-heeled shoes, nylon joggers and bare feet.

In open cars, goggles or visors with a material other than glass must be used (to AS 1609-1981).

DISCLAIMER:5. EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK:DRIVERS

•This event is held under CAMS and follows all relevant guidelines in relation to Drifting events. If applying for a CAMS licence on the day of the event, please be sure to read Section 3 of the Application before signing it for the conditions of the licence and cover.

•Initial Drift Australia Inc reserves the right to, at any stage, refuse entry or participation in the said event and evict entrants and spectators from the venue without question or reason.

D-Day Groupings

Drift

I have seen all the DVD's, I know what I am doing! (Beginner)

I grab seconds while doing round-a-bouts. (Intermediate)

I stunt double for Tsuchiya. (Advanced)

Passengers

***CARS MUST HAVE A MINIMUM CAMS APPROVED HALF CAGE TO BE ELIGIBLE TO CARRY PASSENGERS*** No Beginner groups are allowed to take passengers. Your driving will be assessed on the day so if you group yourself incorrectly just to take a passenger, be prepared for disappointment.

To get a seat in one of the cars the cost is $30 and will get you access to unlimited rides throughout the day. It is recommended to seek a drivers permission to secure a seat before you pay for a passenger run, for drivers, it is the perfect opportunity to scare your mates.

Gates open at 7:30am

Track Action from 9:30am till 4:00pm.

How to Register

Click HERE and complete the registration form. We have enabled Paypal payments to make it easier for you all.

If you want to pay on the day that is fine, if the event sells out prior a notice will be placed here and on Facebook and the forums where the event is advertised.

Unfortunately I am going to miss this one as I will be in QLD. Spewin!

For those who have never been:

IDA Days are normally very well run events and normally low key affairs. Everyone is friendly and just out to have a good time. The driver numbers are less so there is plenty of track time. The day is run in sessions which is better than everyone lining up. This way you can get into a rhythm, it also gives your car (and driver) time to cool down in-between sessions.

IDA Days are perfect for those who have never drifted before and Wakefield is a great circuit as there is plenty of run off.

Get out there and give it a go!

Are you going Rob?

My car developed an issue with the ignition late in the weekend at Matsuri, if I can fix it I might head back up for this!

I'll probably go as well. Hopefully they run a decent amount of short track!

Anybody got a 2nd hand two way to suit s15 for sale or even loan for this event. Stock diff isnt bad, but hanging to get out there with a proper 2way. (if could afford i would purchase a newbie but not poss at the moe)

Even if it was just a loaner for the day. (my car isnt far from stock power so wear and tear would be minimal for the single day)

Anybody got a 2nd hand two way to suit s15 for sale or even loan for this event. Stock diff isnt bad, but hanging to get out there with a proper 2way. (if could afford i would purchase a newbie but not poss at the moe)

Even if it was just a loaner for the day. (my car isnt far from stock power so wear and tear would be minimal for the single day)

'

If your willing to take out your diff, why don't you just shim the one you have? You don't have to take it out again either.

'

If your willing to take out your diff, why don't you just shim the one you have? You don't have to take it out again either.

I don't think you can Shim a Helical LSD. Helical should be okay because it shouldn't open wheel.

Shim helical no go :( They are a geared centre, no way to shim.

Its a pretty awesome stock diff considering, and does pretty well. But with a resonably low powered car a locker, 2way would just give me that extra control whilst drifting i think that i've been hangin for for a while. Anyhow mighyt have to just shredd on stocker unless someone come's through.

Pretty sure Nic G just uses his Helical diff okay. Works much better than VLSD. Niclol was out last weekend with a clutch pack LSD, those things are hopeless. Just had to swing it hard and try to keep the wheels spinning.

Anyway, I'll be out there, not sure if driving or just taking photos.

:shades: That Nic G dude shredds with a helical, imagine what he could do with a 2 way though hahaaaaa.

I'll be out having a watch, neither of my drift cars run at the moment or have rego.

I might wander over to the airport on the lunch break to watch SAU do their drag racing.

I was hoping to get out to Wakefield on the Friday to watch SAU do their track day, but it's not going to happen.

Does anyone know if a tyre changer / machine will be present like last weekend? I'm guessing not?

never has been at IDA days

Wish this wasnt the week before winton :(

I didn't think there would be just thought I'd check. If you could double check for me Eiji that would be awesome.

I wish this wasn't the week after Matsuri, but hey, gotta get amongst it!

never has been at IDA days

Wish this wasnt the week before winton :(

They used to maybe 5 or 6 years ago when the Ricol and BBM guys were heavily involved. Even then, you had to know someone, or have some cash on hand to utilise the service.

Ok well I never saw one, but I only started in 07 so im a noob compared to you :P

Dont want to brake the commonwhore before winton nic :P

Hey Guys,

When are people heading up? Are we going for the same garages?

I will note gates open at 7:30, on track at 9:30. Proposing a 7:30 leave from Canberra (EPIC servo). If anyone is interested.

There is no tyre machine being organised by the IDA team.

I'll be heading up around 7:00-7:30. I won't be drifting but taking some photos.

Edited by Stinkypoo