Sign in to follow this  
Rasian

What do you guys eat?

Got evidence to back that?

I see you have 2 protein shake meals right next to each other.

Do you know whey absorbs at about 8g per hour max when ingested solo. And transit time is what say 9 hours average.

Why are you having another one probably within 2 hours then?

I use a pea protein isolate because i am well allergic to dairy.

I take those during the day for convenience because i am usually stuck at work or in front of my computer and don't have time to stop. Yes i should be more organised lol.

Allergic allergic? Or hippy intolerant?

That's kind of what I was going off. Turning fat into muscle as opposed to losing it then trying to put muscle on. I've done a bit of reading around the place but it all gets pretty confusing.

Does my current diet sound like it will get the results? I've cut out as much sugar as I can, only drink water, skim milk and an occasional glass of vege juice too.

I was thinking about the protein stuff but thought that stuff was more for people who know what they're doing and are well into their routine. Any recommendations for protein bars and powders for someone at my level? I've done some reading here and there but you all sound like f**king scientists when it gets to that stuff.

Sorry for the basic questions and thanks heaps for the tips!

You can not turn fat into muscle.. What you can do is decrease your fat mass and increase your muscle mass, what happens is body composition changed but weight fluctuates little. They are 2 different processes happening at the same time and people confuse how they work,.

This only usually happens in new trainees who had less then normal protein metabolism who are now actually moving and taking in protein ..

Protein is only needed when you cant reach your goal.. 2.5g/kg bodyweight in food WITHOUT going over your caloric allowance due to other macro nutrients needing to be lowered.

Or you simply cant eat enough food without feeling sick.

There is NO other benefit besides convenience/cost and taste.

In that case i recommend WPC or MPI from bulknutrients.

That's kind of what I was going off. Turning fat into muscle as opposed to losing it then trying to put muscle on. I've done a bit of reading around the place but it all gets pretty confusing.

Does my current diet sound like it will get the results? I've cut out as much sugar as I can, only drink water, skim milk and an occasional glass of vege juice too.

I was thinking about the protein stuff but thought that stuff was more for people who know what they're doing and are well into their routine. Any recommendations for protein bars and powders for someone at my level? I've done some reading here and there but you all sound like f**king scientists when it gets to that stuff.

Sorry for the basic questions and thanks heaps for the tips!

You can not turn fat into muscle.. What you can do is decrease your fat mass and increase your muscle mass, what happens is body composition changed but weight fluctuates little. They are 2 different processes happening at the same time and people confuse how they work,.

This only usually happens in new trainees who had less then normal protein metabolism who are now actually moving and taking in protein ..

Protein is only needed when you cant reach your goal.. 2.5g/kg bodyweight in food WITHOUT going over your caloric allowance due to other macro nutrients needing to be lowered.

Or you simply cant eat enough food without feeling sick.

There is NO other benefit besides convenience/cost and taste.

In that case i recommend WPC or MPI from bulknutrients.

Yeh I agree with this.

Male post workout carbs your priority. Eat sugars after training too.

A lot of people don't do this. After workout, ur glycogen stores are depleted and to replenish then glucose is the quickest source. Food takes up to 12 hrs. That means your lose half a day of recover every well for each muscle

Group. 1 day per fortnight. And therefore 26 days recover per year. I emphaise on this point to people I train all the time. Post work out carbs are even more important then pre workout. I take 40/50 grams protein after workout and 50-80 gram carbs.

30 min later I'll eat a fk load too.

All you need to do is train hard. Eat hat and clean. And sleep 8-12 hrs a day. Try for at

Least 8. My Downfall is

That I only

Get like 5 hrs of sleep each day.

You don't grow at the gym man. You grow during your recovery. All your doing in the gym is tearing the muscle fibres(microtrauma).

Got evidence to back that?

I see you have 2 protein shake meals right next to each other.

Do you know whey absorbs at about 8g per hour max when ingested solo. And transit time is what say 9 hours average.

Why are you having another one probably within 2 hours then?

I use a pea protein isolate because i am well allergic to dairy.

I take those during the day for convenience because i am usually stuck at work or in front of my computer and don't have time to stop. Yes i should be more organised lol.

Allergic allergic? Or hippy intolerant?

allergic.

You don't necessarily have to set up a gym routine either. I mean Dorian Yates didn't, and he's got one of the best lat spreads out there.

He goes in and does different exercises each training sesh.

Try getting 5 training sessions a week, if not 6.

You can try what I do.

Day 1: legs

2: chest

3: arms

4; shoulders( this day is hard because my tris hurt like f**k).

5: back.( I do stiff legs on this day, usually my legs still hurt a little)

Aim for 8-12 reps for optimum growth. Calves, forarms if you train them, and some people say biceps, as they are everday muscles, hit 15 reps.

Tbh although some people wouldn't recommend this. For quads and hammies don't be afraid to gp outside 12 reps. I hit 15-20 for these. Reason is that legs are such big muscle fibers, 8-12 won't tear as much as 15-20 will. (20 for hammies though)

I found this to work best for me. But everyone is different.

Calves I train ever 2nd day.

You don't necessarily have to set up a gym routine either. I mean Dorian Yates didn't, and he's got one of the best lat spreads out there.

You can try what I do.

Aim for 8-12 reps for optimum growth if your buidling, 15+ for toning. Calves, forarms if you train them, and some people say biceps, as they are everday muscles, hit 15 reps.

Tbh although some people wouldn't recommend this. For quads and hammies don't be afraid to gp outside 12 reps. I hit 15-20 for these. Reason is that legs are such big muscle fibers, 8-12 won't tear as much as 15-20 will. (20 for hammies though)

You can try what I do.

Aim for 8-12 reps for optimum growth if your buidling, 15+ for toning. Calves, forarms if you train them, and some people say biceps, as they are everday muscles, hit 15 reps.

Rasian you are looking at this far too complexly. He is not a bodybuilder nor does he need to know or care about what reps to do for bulking or "toning" he just needs to get in the gym and build some decent muscle with heavy compound exercises.

The trick is the lifestyle change rather than dieting and going to the gym because you feel you have to. Consistency is the key to long term fat loss and muscle gain!

Driftkid what macros do you recommend for losing fat and also for bulking?

Also do you treat all carbs the same under IIFYM, or do you separate simple and complex?

also for total caloric intake is this calculation ok? or a little too basic

Bodyweight 200lbs x 20 = 4000 calories to bulk

Bodyweight 200lbs x 10 = 2000 calories to cut

or do you prefer one that takes more factors into account, activity levels etc?

cheers

macros for bulking is usually 40-40-20, protein, carbs, fats. Losing weight, you need to preserve as much muscle as you can so you up the protein. Correct if wrong, but usually 50,30,.20; or 50, 25.25. some people differ

Your caloric calculation is much too basic lol.

You must factor in your weight, age, height, physical activitiy for work, training frequency and intensity etc...

Usually yes it is bodyweight x 18-20 for bulk

x15 for maintenance

15 and under to 10 for weight loss.

carbs per gram= 4 calories,

protein= 4

fats = 9

However, for example as myself. I weigh 87-89kg sometimes 90 kg. Therefore going by that my caloric intake would be 2800. Which I would lose a f**k load a weight for maintenance.

I forget which calculator I used but it factored in everythting. It was between 36-4200 calories. And through trial and error, I worked it out to be about 3800ish...

For bulking i eat up to 6000 calories a day

For bulking there is no need to separate simple/complex carbs, but for leaning id recommend it.

Edited by Rasian

I was under the impression that if you only took in 2-3 meals a day compared to 6 or 7 your body will use carbs and protein for energy and store the fat ? Broscience ?

macros for bulking is usually 40-40-20, protein, carbs, fats. Losing weight, you need to preserve as much muscle as you can so you up the protein. Correct if wrong, but usually 50,30,.20; or 50, 25.25. some people differ

Your caloric calculation is much too basic lol.

You must factor in your weight, age, height, physical activitiy for work, training frequency and intensity etc...

Usually yes it is bodyweight x 18-20 for bulk

x15 for maintenance

15 and under to 10 for weight loss.

carbs per gram= 4 calories,

protein= 4

fats = 9

However, for example as myself. I weigh 87-89kg sometimes 90 kg. Therefore going by that my caloric intake would be 2800. Which I would lose a f**k load a weight for maintenance.

I forget which calculator I used but it factored in everythting. It was between 36-4200 calories. And through trial and error, I worked it out to be about 3800ish...

For bulking i eat up to 6000 calories a day

For bulking there is no need to separate simple/complex carbs, but for leaning id recommend it.

Go by the basic calculations then make alterations to suit. No way to tell exactly how many calories you will burn through excercise, if you don't gain weight eat more and vice versa.

I was under the impression that if you only took in 2-3 meals a day compared to 6 or 7 your body will use carbs and protein for energy and store the fat ? Broscience ?

Troll? Already answered question.

Carbs is your main source of energy anyways. I don't understand

Im pretty new to gym around 5months i guess. dropped 16kg by doing the following..

ban complex carbs completely, rice,pasta,potato,bread.

Eat shit from trees and animals, steak, chicken, kangaroo, veggies,salad. Use dry seasonings to make this shit taste good.

Love kangaroo wraps, use corn wraps because you shit corn out - body cant process it.

5 eggs for brekky.

4-5 gym sessions a week cardio and weights.

1 off day per week, 24 hours, where i can do the f**k what i want. sushi train, schnitzel, get drunk etc.

It works for me hey! keen for summer!

lol broscience.

Saw this link tweeted by the UFC.

http://www.ufc.com/news/The-Ronda-Rousey-Diet

Interesting diet where she only has a coffee + health drink in the morning, then one big meal at night. Her theory being when you're full you want to sleep, and when you're hungry you have energy to find/hunt food, using a primitive analogy.

I didn't check the link. I'm on my phone but sounds like warrior died or intermittant fasting www.leangains.com

It can almost be said beyond doubt that moderate alcohol consumption is healthier than complete abstinence.

From that website above, stopped reading after that.

Whoa, didn't see that.

I don't agree with her diet plan, but interesting to see what others think.

Whoa, didn't see that.

I don't agree with her diet plan, but interesting to see what others think.

As Driftkid said, it's basically what the Intermittent Fasting/Warrior diet is. I've been doing IF this year and it's great.

There's been tests that show alcohol consumption can reduce the chance of Kidney cancer, but then alcohol consumption can cause plenty of other types.

I think I've had 3 beers for this entire year.

It can almost be said beyond doubt that moderate alcohol consumption is healthier than complete abstinence.

From the same website.

A 185-lb male that has been training consistently for 5-10 years should therefore be expected to:

Bench press 275-280 lbs.

Do a chin-up with 90-95 lbs hanging from his waist.

Squat 370 lbs.

Deadlift 460-465 lbs.

LOL, true i started training when i was 13/14. But only seriously for about 2 yrs ish. I can beat 5-10 yrs training for all those lifts HAHAHAHA. I havent read the article, gotta study, but seems to me its not worth reading. --> Ive also seen people that train for 1 yr that can lift those. It's about how hard you train, mind of matter and strong mental strength. True your going to get stronger with age, denser muscles etc... but Ive also seen people training for 10 yrs and bench 70-80kg...

AND LOL at alcohol comment. although I do know BB that drink red wine for anti-oxidants after training. And you always take a few whisky shots before comp :D

Edited by Rasian

So anyways guys, how do you get rid of this warning status? Im on 33% because of arguing with that s15 dk (he was wrong and I kinda questioned his whole life and made it redundant). BUT I AM SORRY, not srs (he questioned me and not many people do that, so i gotta get used to it). anyways, how do I go abouts getting rid of it? is there an appeal process?

LOL, true i started training when i was 13/14. But only seriously for about 2 yrs ish. I can beat 5-10 yrs training for all those lifts HAHAHAHA. I havent read the article, gotta study, but seems to me its not worth reading. --> Ive also seen people that train for 1 yr that can lift those. It's about how hard you train, mind of matter and strong mental strength. True your going to get stronger with age, denser muscles etc... but Ive also seen people training for 10 yrs and bench 70-80kg...

AND LOL at alcohol comment. although I do know BB that drink red wine for anti-oxidants after training. And you always take a few whisky shots before comp :D

seriously? Better antioxidant sources out there than red wine.

yeh i know but ive seen a few, some take cherry juice too.

I drink 1.5-2L of green tea a day for it

That's what the research says.

That's what the research says.

Forgot about this.

Plenty of research to the contrary.