Sign in to follow this  
Nigel

The modified/ aftermarket knuckle thread

does anyone know if someone/someplace in Aus makes something like this??

these ones are from 3UP jp and would cost about $400 before delivery mellow.gif

_115_.jpg

[21]_1.jpg

So retarded, would be stronger just to redrill the 2 caster rod bolts.

Not really if you shifted the Castor rod bolts inboard there will be a lot more bending stress on the LCA, especially under braking

Overkill? It's a silvia.. Cool though

Edited by Bry

Wouldn't be too hard to make it in roll cage grade steel. Be cheaper than billet machined. Just machine a boss with the flat mount for the arm, and have the threaded boss to weld in the other side for adjustment.

Ive noticed through this whole thread most people are running 17x9 rims or bigger on the front is there any pAarticular reason of not choosing a 17x8 +5 with 20mm longer lca to get max clearance? Im going to get a new set of drifteks before doing all the mods and just curious to this question?

max clearance? As long as you can get what ever wheel you wanna run to not touch anything then your winning. doesn't matter if it's a half a mm or a mile! winning is winning!

the wider the rim, the wider the tyre you can run thus more grip? Hence fast drifting?

I'm sure you could easily run 8Js without having as many issues as some on the forum but you'll sacrifice grip for wheel clearance..

Yeah that was the only reason I could think of due to running larger tyres. Im gona dummy it up with my old 9inchs then if its all good buy 9's.

There arent many people running more than a 235 tyre on their 9inch rims. 235 would have no less grip on an 8inch rim plus the 8 would be lighter. 9inch is for wank factor and so you can have hectic side wall stretch

Or else you just like r33 gtr rims and they happen to be 9inch all-round.

If the choice was there though i wouldn't bother with anything more than 8 on the front.

what was the vid? its just taking me to a search page on youtube.

For anyone with 32 knuckles.. are they getting as much lock and effective as other modded ones?

Obviously not engineered like Geomasters for S chassis.

Also with the double wishbone, can you still extend LCA?

Edited by -**wHiStLe**-

For anyone with 32 knuckles.. are they getting as much lock and effective as other modded ones?

Obviously not engineered like Geomasters for S chassis.

Also with the double wishbone, can you still extend LCA?

Yes and yes, this photo is from earlier in the thread, JDI knuckles and owners 20mm longer lca's. (I know it's not a 32 but close enough haha)

Capture40.JPG

Cheers Leigh.

Wasn't sure as I hadn't read much about or seen many in action with crazy lock, except for the guy running geomasters with S13 or 14 suspension swap.

Thought that may be of interest.

Wisefab kit.

Edited by tinto

^^^

sounds good but nothing is shown apart from a guy standing next to a boring car with lock, I can take my lock stop off, stand next to my car and make a video too.

If more info comes out it might be interesting, is there vids of it in action????

Edited by JLTS13

watch the top vid for info. would be interested to see how much its worth

Yeah watched that, but does it work? If it does every thing they say it does, it could be a awesome kit, but as many have tried to make a good kit, just as many have failed

They have a vid of it used on there fb page. Its about 1500-1600 from what ive read.

Hopefully this link works.

Apologies for the earlier repost - didn't see one of the videos posted a few posts above mine.

Here's one of the car in action - looks like the same car they stood next to in the earlier clip.

Cheers mate, I couldn't get the fb vid to work.

It looks good, but how much more track at the front does it give it??? It might just be the impression you get from no front guards

Anybody game to try them??????

So what issues do people have with driftworks geomaster2 knuckles front or rear? I'm mainly using them for the drop spindle function but interested to hear about any fitment issues or drama's making them work with different suspension or steering combo's

driftworks rear knuckles do not fit on my car,. the issues i have enountered is that with a GTR diff and axle combo it fouls the camber and traction arm. its do able but i need to change/modify arms. that and they powder coat the shit out of them so when you fit the hub onto it all the powder coat brakes away

Ah well seems the latest batch is painted not powder coated so that's a plus ( delivered to me on 28th dec 2011 ).

I'm mainly worried about what combination of steering gear and control arms I will need to get it all working. Oh and yes I also got the steering arm offset rack spacers as part of the pack.

Cheers mate, I couldn't get the fb vid to work.

It looks good, but how much more track at the front does it give it??? It might just be the impression you get from no front guards

Anybody game to try them??????

Id be assuming they give a fairbit of added track as they say if your running a 17x8 you need a +35 offset for the 65 degree lock and +25 on a 9 inch rim.