Sign in to follow this  
Nick Sroka

s13 P Plate Build

Starting a little build on my s13.

get my license back soon so getting her ready for then

got it in pretty rough condition needed some love and care..

had a mate help give her a good clean and replace a few parts

car is pretty much stock so a great base to start

interior is all there has HUD display and s14 seats apart from that just needs a good tidy and some bits re trimmed

body is pretty strait but my first thing on the list is a new paint job along with a body kit

ordered a BN style kit made by TeamJetSpeed

here are some pics of the car before i got started..

post-159346-0-31715700-1455631848_thumb.jpg

post-159346-0-78932500-1455631854_thumb.jpg

post-159346-0-39850600-1455631864_thumb.jpg

after a couple of days my body kit had arrived :rolleyes:

came complete with front & rear bumper and grille plus side skirts

still have to order some wide body front & rear fenders

brother gave me some help test fitting the kit it looks pretty sweet..

post-159346-0-76255000-1455632385_thumb.jpg

post-159346-0-32277600-1455632389_thumb.jpg

From your thread in the Parts For Sale forum:

starting a little build on my s13

get my license back in a few months :rolleyes: so i wanna get most of it done by then

car is pretty much stock so a good base from me to start on

got the car in pretty rough condition in need of some TLC

spent the first day with a mate giving it a good clean!

fitted up a new coolant overflow tank then ordered my body kit

a few days later my body kit arrived! :rolleyes:

Getting the body fresh and clean is the first thing on my list

kit is a full BN style kit made by Teamjetspeed

test fit the kit with the help of my brother and it looks sweet!

still gotta order some origin wide fenders :P

Being a previous NA s13 P plate owner/enthusiast i advise setting your car up with suspension modifications first (ie coilovers, adjustable castor/camber/toe arms), then maybe a few performance mods. The only engine modifications i really found beneficial to the sr20de were headers, poncams and a 2.5in catback exhaust. Also if your going to track your car id invest in an oil cooler and a twin core radiator.

Being a previous NA s13 P plate owner/enthusiast i advise setting your car up with suspension modifications first (ie coilovers, adjustable castor/camber/toe arms), then maybe a few performance mods. The only engine modifications i really found beneficial to the sr20de were headers, poncams and a 2.5in catback exhaust. Also if your going to track your car id invest in an oil cooler and a twin core radiator.

Hey man just getting the body cleaned up and painted then ill start with the suspension mods then the motor :)

picked up some pacemaker extractors a lot lighter and better design than the stock manifold

just need a new catback and the exhaust is done!

post-159346-0-21651500-1456307424_thumb.jpg

post-159346-0-44335700-1456307427_thumb.jpg

that l;ooks like a turbo motor with it ripped off, going to be even slower than an stock NA

that l;ooks like a turbo motor with it ripped off, going to be even slower than an stock NA

pretty sure previous owner just put the turbo spark plug cover on , the rest of the parts seem to match the NA motor.. any other ways to tell?

If its the same car my mate used to own it and it was a turbo till he got defected and blew the bottom end then put a non turbo motor in and clear the defect then sold it

Sorry i was wrong he just replaced the bearings but has a turbo motor but pulled the turbo off coz it was regod as a na

Tough call. Although it has a CAS, it doesn't appear to have a bolt blocking the oil feed hole (the bung between the top of the engine mount bracket and the dipstick tube). The DE block doesn't have an oil gallery linked to that feed hole due to the lack of oil squirters, so it won't have anything there that needs to be blocked.

Could well be a DE bottom end with a DET head, but we would need better pictures of the side of the block.

Tough call. Although it has a CAS, it doesn't appear to have a bolt blocking the oil feed hole (the bung between the top of the engine mount bracket and the dipstick tube). The DE block doesn't have an oil gallery linked to that feed hole due to the lack of oil squirters, so it won't have anything there that needs to be blocked.

Could well be a DE bottom end with a DET head, but we would need better pictures of the side of the block.

ill get some pics now

got a few pics i found

post-159346-0-46518800-1456991449_thumb.jpgpost-159346-0-79404100-1456991450_thumb.jpgpost-159346-0-31995100-1456991452_thumb.jpgpost-159346-0-80625000-1456991453_thumb.jpg

Still not clear enough to be sure, given all the dirt, low light and blurriness, although it looks like there might be some bolts plugging the galleries. Refer to the 'oil out' bolt circled in the picture I grabbed from Google below, as well as the 'oil in' tube. If you have a look at your engine and find there is no 'oil out' hole there and no plug, then the block is a DE. IIRC there is no drain provision on the DE block either, so have a look at that too.

Should you find plugged oil lines and oil leaks out if you remove the 'oil out' bolt blocking the hole, it's a DET block 100%.

braided1.JPG

Still not clear enough to be sure, given all the dirt, low light and blurriness, although it looks like there might be some bolts plugging the galleries. Refer to the 'oil out' bolt circled in the picture I grabbed from Google below, as well as the 'oil in' tube. If you have a look at your engine and find there is no 'oil out' hole there and no plug, then the block is a DE. IIRC there is no drain provision on the DE block either, so have a look at that too.

Should you find plugged oil lines and oil leaks out if you remove the 'oil out' bolt blocking the hole, it's a DET block 100%.

braided1.JPG

Cheers for the pic , sorry my phone has a bad camera, had a good look and there is no bolts plugging any of the galleries they are just closed off im guessing its a DE then? ill upload a better pic soon cheers