Sign in to follow this  
Nick Wood

New Member SA- Blue S15

Hey guys!!

So i bought my turbo spec R S15 about 4 months ago and haven't really done anything to it. I took it to Jaustech recently and got a power run to find out it was only putting out 100kws :( , all is well though shes going in the garage and will be getting fixed up asap. Seen some really cool imports out there in Adelaide!

Let me know what you think.

Thanks Nick

post-158379-0-69212000-1446450488_thumb.jpg

post-158379-0-76801200-1446450490_thumb.jpg

post-158379-0-84769300-1446450493_thumb.jpg

Looks clean.

100kw would be fine for a 15 year old Bog Stock car but im guessing it might have some issues considering it has a front mount and i can only assume other mods. Hopefully not to bad.

what are you plans? Daily driver, weekend warrior or race car?

Actually aus spec s15 do produce around 100kw-120kw at the wheels stock.

Jap spec cars have better tune so they push more on dyno.

I'm sure changing fluids/plugs/filters etc will make it more livable :)

I read aus spec s15s are closer two 146kws, and JDM (tuned) 180kws, no where have i found 100-120 kws and there is definitely issues with mine so unsure where that info is from. The fuel pump is buggered, and my exhaust system is restricting to all shittery. Nothing too bad just getting the parts this weekend to take her in and get it fixed. After that a tune. At the moment shes a weekend car but every time i get into my daily I feel like a peasant and can only think about the s15. I don't know heaps about cars but im slowly learning as i go. My brother owns a 180sx and I have just fell in love with the car scene in SA, people are great , willing to help , talk to you about your car. I get thumbs up and everything from other import owners and I absolutely love having this awesome connection with other car lovers. Fewer things as satisfying as doing something yourself on a car and noticing differences, real sense of achievement. Thanks for your replies.

First off, welcome. Re the power figures you're quoting you need to know you're comparing your rear wheel measurement (100 kW) to what Nissan quoted (and all manufacturers do) which is measured at the Flywheel before it is transmitted to the wheels which is nice to know but what you really want to know is how much power is getting to the road after transmission losses which is generally about 30%.

So as already mentioned, for a 15 year old ADM S15 it's not that far off the mark. Having said that and as you know huge gains can be had for not a lot of money, just remember, when you do, and if you haven't already done so make sure you run quality tyres and your brakes and suspension are up to scratch. Do with that info what you will. See you on the roads.

Yeah, I haven't gone cheap on anything, did the right thing and replaced everything when I got it. I mainly did this so i knew how she should be running. All i am saying is , it felt sluggish and was the main reason i took it to get looked at by a professional and bang something was wrong. Since I have owned it I have managed to put new brakes, new fluids , new windscreen , new spark plugs and replaced a few filters. Putting the 3 inch exhaust on soon along with the walbro fuel pump. Haha its almost like every weekend I am doing something new to it, good fun but a lot nervous work, checking things and then double checking etc. Thanks for the info sleepr got any photos of your 15? I love the ones i have seen driving round SA